Refrigerant leaks are the number one cause of poor A/C cooling. Having the correct amount of refrigerant in an A/C system is critical to achieve proper cooling. Any loss of refrigerant will reduce a system’s ability to transfer heat, causing the compressor to work harder and the system to cool less efficiently. Therefore, finding and fixing refrigerant leaks is more important than ever before.
The Tech-Set™ UV55 Leak Detection Kit enables you to conduct a fast, easy, mess-free air conditioning “leakdown” test whereby an orange, universal dye is injected into a closed (sealed) A/C system under full pressure. The orange dye will be visible under a “correctly tuned” ultraviolet light at the point of a leak anywhere in the system.
Included in the kit are the following:
- MoonLight™ flashlight with 9 true ultraviolet LEDs includes 3 AAA batteries
- MoonShine™ blue light blocking glasses
- Squeeze Gun™ Injector
- UVS2 universal (orange) dye cartridge
- R-34a 90° low side snap coupler
- Molded carrying case with internal padding
- Operating instructions